I just googled: ‘how to write a good About Me page.’ The top website told me that it is a difficult task and that I should probably seek a writer to do it for me … how awkward.
Lets split it up into two sections.
1) Straightforward facts:
- My name is Amie.
- I am a woman in her mid twenties.
- I live in Sydney Australia, but grew up in Oxford England.
- I have a bachelor of arts, majoring in english literature and medieval studies.
- I work for myself, doing social media management.
- I have been writing stories all of my life.
- I am currently working on a fantasy novel and a historical fiction novel.
2) THE REAL TRUTHS.
- My real name is AMY with a Y but when I was thirteen I decided I desperately needed to be different so I wrote AmIE on all my texts books, and you know when it’s on your year eight text books that your name is here to stay.
- When I’m in England I cry because I miss Australia, and when I’m in Australia I cry because I miss England.
- Nearly all of of my university degree was spent studying medieval pornography and sex culture.
- Working for myself has been one of hardest thing I’ve ever had to do and I won’t be doing it for much longer.
- Right now, I am very unpublished and haven’t found it within me to post any of my fictional writing anywhere online. However, I absolutely cannot wait for the day where I get to share my stories with you.
I can’t spell, my grammar is bad and I really don’t understand how to use a semicolon but I do use it; REGULARLY.
Wishing you all a wonderful day of writing. Amie.